12/03/2011

Durian Halo Halo..The Best In Davao City


The last time I was in the Philippines, I had the chance to visit Davao city for 3 days. My niece insisted that i should try the best durian halo-halo in town so she took me and my son to Matina Town Square where we bought this yummiest treat.


It's a beautiful mix of finely shaved ice, durian jam, nata de coco, pinipig, durian icecream, and evaporated milk for only P100 (approx $2.50)!

My son and my niece with their take-home midnight dessert.
We drove home happy. And now, as I'm typing this post, I'm actually drooling, haha!

Davao City is known for its durian products such as durian candies and jams. Some people are not fond of durian but if they get to try this special halo-halo, I'm sure they will learn to appreciate the king of fruit.

Hmmm, I can actually smell it now!




10 comments:

  1. that looks refreshing :-) was it delicious? I never try that. Thank you for sharing. Dropping some love for Yummy Sunday, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.mommies2ks.com/2011/12/these-are-my-kids%E2%80%99-breakfast-before-going-to-school.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to have a taste of that treat someday... soon, I wish. now i crave what i can't have :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so yum i like to try that one. Happy YS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. want to try that! looks yummy!

    http://vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/ginisang-upo.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try that.

    I played too. Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so yum! I want to try this if ever I get the chance to visit Davao City.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love durian halo-halo:)

    thanks for dropping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ice cream will always be my favorite...but I dont like Durian's smell but it tasted so yummy..

    visiting from YS...and btw I'm your newest follower, hope you'll return the favor...thanks

    care to visit Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Meron palang durian halo halo! I've tried durian ice cream at nagustuhan ko. I'll try that durian halohalo pag nagpunta akmi ng Davao!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! let's try this when we get home, te! thanks for the visit..

    ReplyDelete