8/30/2011

Enjoying Shish Kebab For 5 Years

Today, as my Muslim friends celebrate the end of Ramadan, I would like to write about one of my favorite meat dishes: shish kebab. I had the opportunity of enjoying lamb kebab for 5 years when I lived with my family in Central Asia. Nothing beats the taste of the lamb in that area!

The last time I was in Manila, a group of friends invited me to a nice Persian-Arabian theme restaurant and we ordered kebabs of various meat, except pork. I was excited that after many years I could satisfy my cravings for lamb kebabs. Sad to say, the kebabs were not that great. But it was,overall, a good dinner, though. Much credit goes to the wonderful fellowship we had around the table.

Lamb. chicken, beef, and seafood kebabs at a Persian-Arabian Restaurant.
Kebab, an Arabic word for "to burn or char", is a wide variety of meat dishes originating in turkey, Iraq and later adopted by the Middle East and Asia Minor, and now found worldwide. (Wikipedia). The traditional meat for kebab is lamb but now it can be of different meat including seafood and even veggies!

I know I have a photo of my favorite authentic kebab in Central Asia but I have to dig up my picture files from years ago before I can show it here. Anyways, I'm still happy with this latest one I have. It's still a delicious plate, isn't it?


       
FTFBadge



13 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful platter! What makes the sauce so orange on the seafood kebabs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed sumptuous and tempting, I could eat a lot of rice on Kebab. Mine is up and its here thanks My Little Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! i haven't tasted a lamb kebab yet but i wanna try it if it's available here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh i miss similar Mongolian dishes. ^^

    I wish i can try something like this when i can visit a Turkish restaurant in the soon future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I can taste that, too!

    Hopping from Food Trip Friday... here's my share:
    Foodie 365 | Week 34
    Happy Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful! LOoks good. There's a Persian place in Taft Avenue where we order kebabs. Soooo yummy! Visiting from FTF!

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  7. woahhhh! that's a lot ... was here for FTF.. see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here again for FTF entry, I hope you can pay a visit thanks Little World of Fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome presentation! visiting from FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! very interesting. i would like to try them all. =)
    SAHM Reviews.Net

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are plenty of Middle Eastern restaurant here in our area but I have no guts to try them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. complete platter and looks very tasty! interesting and hope i can try it someday. visiting late from last week's OT, have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always loved kebabs...we go to this place near us and we always get a good meal...

    visiting via FTF:
    http://www.cherryeveryday.com/2011/09/pasta-carbonara/

    ReplyDelete